With nutrition accounting for around 80% of your results, it’s probably a good idea to understand the ins and outs of a healthy, sustainable diet that is appropriate for you and your goals. And one of the most important (and a lot of the time confusing) pieces to the puzzle is protein. How much protein should you actually be eating? What sources of protein should you be including in your diet?
Since the topic of protein tends to bring a lot of confusion to the table, I wanted to have on the phenomenal Erin Murray to talk all things protein and get all of your protein-related questions answered, so that there’s zero confusion around this incredibly crucial micronutrient. Listen in to learn how much protein and what types of protein you should be eating so that you can build healthy, lean muscle along with other key physiologic variables.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- [05:04] Common misinformation behind protein
- [08:45] The difference between a population with a disease/illness versus a healthy population
- [12:12] How much protein you should be eating
- [13:46] Easy ways to get in protein without having that “full” feeling
- [16:50] Protein powder recommendations
- [20:00] What is a complete source protein
- [22:55] A protein shopping list
- [26:20] The importance of food packaging
- [28:12] Vegan/vegetarian protein sources
- [31:25] Where beans fit into the protein food group
- [35:12] Where red meat fits into the protein food group
- [38:30] An important book in this realm, Sacred Cow
- [39:45] The meaning behind regenerative
- Follow Erin Murray here: https://www.instagram.com/erinsuncommoneats/
- Follow James Cerbie here: https://www.instagram.com/jamescerbie/
- Follow Rebel here: https://www.instagram.com/therebelperformance/
- Join our Rebel FB group here: https://bit.ly/3KfGk6A
- Want to learn more about the Rebel Performance Training Team? Click here to chat with our team: http://m.me/rebelperf
- Claim your no-risk trial to work with me and my team privately here: https://jamescerbie.com/
PLUS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 3 ways we can help you unlock total package strength, physique, and athleticism (without being in pain or getting beaten down by injuries).
1. Listen to the podcast.
We release a new episode every Sunday evening where we break down what to do in and outside the gym to help you become the total package (and perform pain-free) – Click here to listen.
2. Buy a pre-made program.
Looking for an expertly crafted training program minus the coaching and camaraderie? Then go here.
3. Claim your no-risk trial.
Want to work directly with me and my team to find your peak performance, train pain-free, and become a total package athlete in 90 days? Then reply “trial” to this email and I’ll send you all the details. Oh, and here’s a bunch of reviews if you want to know what real humans think of working with us.