Joining me on the show this week is our in-house nutrition coach Erin Murray rounding out our nutrition series. We’ve unpacked protein; we’ve unpacked carbs; now, it’s time for us to dive into fats.
Along with Carbs, fats have been demonized in the past for supposedly causing heart disease. And on the other end of the spectrum, we have people saying fats are amazing and to eat as many fats as you want. With these two extremes, it needs to less about good and bad and more about focusing on quantity and exposure.
And it genuinely needs to come down to what do we really know about fats: How many fats should you be eating? What types of fats should you be eating? What are fats actually doing for you from a physiologic standpoint? What are the best fat sources? Listen in to learn how many fats and what types of fats you should be eating so that you can build healthy, lean muscle along with other key physiologic variables.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- [2:00] Background on our knowledge and perception on fat
- [03:07] The seven nations study
- [05:29] Benefits and roles fat is playing physiologically
- [08:35] Different categories of fat molecules
- [12:10] The role fried foods play in fat
- [17:27] Practical applications for fats
- [19:23] Good, healthy fat options
- [23:26] How often you should be eating animal fats
- Follow Erin Murray here: https://www.instagram.com/erinsuncommoneats/
- Follow James Cerbie here: https://www.instagram.com/jamescerbie/
- Follow Rebel here: https://www.instagram.com/therebelperformance/
- Join our Rebel FB group here: https://bit.ly/3KfGk6A
- Want to learn more about the Rebel Performance Training Team? Click here to chat with our team: http://m.me/rebelperf
- Claim your no-risk trial to work with me and my team privately here: https://jamescerbie.com/
PLUS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 3 ways we can help you unlock total package strength, physique, and athleticism (without being in pain or getting beaten down by injuries).
1. Listen to the podcast.
We release a new episode every Sunday evening where we break down what to do in and outside the gym to help you become the total package (and perform pain-free) – Click here to listen.
2. Buy a pre-made program.
Looking for an expertly crafted training program minus the coaching and camaraderie? Then go here.
3. Claim your no-risk trial.
Want to work directly with me and my team to find your peak performance, train pain-free, and become a total package athlete in 90 days? Then reply “trial” to this email and I’ll send you all the details. Oh, and here’s a bunch of reviews if you want to know what real humans think of working with us.