Ryan L’Ecuyer, professional meat titan, joins the show today to talk all things hypertrophy and how to get more bigger. Right off the bat, Ryan and I get into his background and early love for training and come to realize he owes everything to Billy Blanks’ nipple shirts and Taibo. Also, it’s a crime that he didn’t see The Predator until age 26, but we can’t change the past.
Aside from nipple shirts and The Predator, Ryan and I spend our time diving into any and all things hypertrophy. We talk mechanical tension, metabolic stress, competing in both powerlifting and bodybuilding, periodization schemes, and of course, the pump. The episode is chock-full of actionable takeaways and things you can begin implementing to design and run better hypertrophy protocols. So, if you find yourself wearing skinny jeans or medium T-shirts to give the appearance of being jacked, then stick around because we’ll tell you how to actually build real muscle.
14 min: Competing in both powerlifting and bodybuilding
23 min: Finding pockets of opportunity for lifters
25 min: The drivers of hypertrophy
26 min: Metabolic stress
29 min: Blood flow restriction
37 min: Mechanical tension
50 min: The mind-body connection
57 min: Dealing with the diminishing returns of training
75 min: The power of frequency
Links and stuff:
1. Email: [email protected]
2. Instagram: @lacurefit
3. James Cerbie: @jamescerbie
5. Zac Cupples The Human Matrix
6. Pat Davidson Rethinking the Big Patterns
PLUS: Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways we can help you find your peak performance (and live up to your true potential):
1. Get 21 FREE program samples. Tired of second-guessing and overthinking your training? CLICK HERE to get 5 months of free workouts to help you unlock total package performance, physique, and athleticism.
2. Buy a pre-made program. Looking for an expertly crafted training program minus the coaching and camaraderie? Then GO HERE.
3. Join the Total Package Athlete Challenge. Want to work directly with me to hit a PR in your squat, bench, deadlift, vertical jump, broad jump, or 8-minute assault bike within the next 6 weeks? Then GO HERE.
4. Join the Rebel Performance Training Team.Want to work directly with me and my team to unlock total package performance, physique, and athleticism (so you can start living at your physical peak)? Then GO HERE.